Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Vintage Auctions and how they are run.

WWW.LIQUIDSOLUTIONS.BIZ/AUCTIONS.ASP

Q: Does your system take proxy bids?
A: No. First and foremost this is NOT Ebay. These bids are not run by proxy and that means that if you bid $25.76 that is what will be posted as the current bid. The system does not post the lowest bid up to $25.76 (like Ebay) it merely posts your entry as the current bid.

Q: The system said that the bidding closed at 7:00 but someone was allowed to bid at 7.01 and I lost, what gives??
A: If bids to manage to come in after the closing time, those entries will be deleted and the real winner notified. It does happen on rare occasions but we will remedy the situation as fairly as possible.

Q: When do the bids start and when do they end?
A: All time posted for lots are in the Pacific time zone. As a rule of thumb they start on a Friday at noon and end the following Monday at staggered times starting at 7:00PM. This is only a rule of thumb and you should always double check at the auction site so as not to miss the ending time.

Q: I tried to log in with my Liquid Solutions account information why dosen't it work.
A: The auction software keeps a separate user list and database. While you can setup an auction account using the same information as your Liquid Solutions user account, it is not necessary to have a Liquid Solutions user account in order to setup an auction account.

Q: Where do these beers come from?
A: Many of these beers are purchased by Liquid Solutions from private collectors or estates. Some of these auctions are for charity and we get donations from breweries and other businesses.

Q: If the beer is bad can I get my money back?
A: No, all beers are sold as is. I personally review the lots as they come in. I look for signs of improper storage and will not put up items that I think are in no condition to sell.

Q: I have bottles of 1999 “Fill In The Blank” beer; will you auction these for me?
A: Yes, there are a lot of variables and sliding commission fee so please contact auctions@LiquidSolutions.biz

WWW.LIQUIDSOLUTIONS.BIZ/AUCTIONS.ASP